Soooo I decided to try to make my own.
The only thing I notice now is I a) made the arms too big, and b) only did 6 instead of the anatomically correct 8 arms. However, I didn't notice this last problem until I was attaching the arms and then realized that the two longer tentacles don't actually count for the total of 8! Oops. Shows how much I paid attention to how many arms/tentacles squid have!!!
Mine's a bit bigger and has bigger arms but oh well, that's what I get for making it up and not sewing it out of fleece like hers is!
This pattern is now live and is for $4.50! Ravelry.com link A lot of brainpower and time and effort went into this moreso than any of my others I've made up, and I even did a videotutorial to show people how to do the suction cups/sew the arms together, which I will update/post here later. It's not the greatest quality because A) my video recorder apparently doesn't like close ups (bummer) and B) I have never really done a video before so it's kinda bleh due to that too. lol
Let me know what you think. You can find the pattern (soonish) on ravelry.com, my user name there is malkyra. :)