Monday, July 21, 2014

Dark Wings, Dark Words

I have lately been extremely obsessed with the Game of Thrones, both the HBO televised version (which I came across first) and then the book series (which I just finished book 5 and now join the ranks of those avidly awaiting the 6th).

So, I got this crazy series idea. Here is the first that I have finished.

I charted it up myself, including even drawing the raven, as there was no available cross stitch design that I could come across on Google that suited what I wanted as far as looks.

I made this originally to knit, however it could be tunisian crocheted as well. I just found knitting to be much easier to tackle for this.

I cast on 80 stitches, 70 for the original layout I had charged, and 10 for a border, where I would have 5 stitches on each side in a garter stitch. Probably could have done better by making it 10 stitches on either side, but I wasn't really sure what it was going to end up looking like so opted for the 5.

I then set to the sewing machine after finishing this, and poorly made up a crude pillow. It ended up measuring about 15" wide and 11" tall. Not a bad size! Laid on it for the first time yesterday. :)

I do have this chart available in PDF version through my Ravelry, so go check it out. (Note: This is only in chart form--I drew it on graph paper and translated it into an Excel sheet before saving it as a pdf.), user name Malkyra :)

I also have the second one charted out and am about 3/5 of the way through... "Winter is coming"... so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment