Thursday, May 30, 2013

Some Tunisian crochet

I decided to try out Tunisian crochet again... I had started something from Zelda, but ended up needing the yarn it was using because I ran out surprisingly on something else.

So, I took the hook out and tried this chart I found for free on Ravelry for Space Invaders. I just made 2 stitches to each block. It's about a coaster size, so I may make the others. They're kinda cushy though. Have to test it with a glass on it.


It's 24 stitches across. I used Tunisian Knit Stitch (tks) and Tunisian Purl Stitch (tps) to try to stop it from curling on the edges. It still curls. Not sure what to do about that. I try to pay attention to not crochet too tight...

I did the following:
ch 24
tks across
tps across
repeat previous two rows
tks to color change, then tks with green, then switched to tks when I went back to black
tps to color change, tks, switch to tps in black
And so on
The black eyes I tks.

2 comments:

  1. Neat! It's difficult to find any fair-isle type tunisian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! The only problem I have is similar to what I have with knitting--the edges curl a lot. I'm not very advanced in either style, really--but sometimes I wonder if there's a rule of thumb for if a piece is a certain width, then do x rows of garter stitch to get it to lay flat. Hmm hmmm... :)

    ReplyDelete